The Sunset Canyon Family Pool is an outdoor 25-yard pool with a shallow leisure area and adjacent deep water diving well. There are six lap lanes available. Use of this pool is first and foremost for children and students. Patrons may only use the pool during recreational swimming hours.
Recreational Swimming Hours:
Monday-Friday: 8:00am-10:00am, 12:00pm-6:00pm
Sunday & Saturday: 11:00am-6:00pm
For detailed dates and times, please click here.
Lockers available for purchase at the John Wooden Center Sales & Cashiering desk. After receiving a receipt, go to the Sunset Canyon Recreation Center front desk and they will issue a combination lock for a locker at the Park Pool adjacent to Family Pool.
No towel service available.
You may check out kickboards, pull buoys, fins, and hand paddles by turning in your Bruin ID or your Rec Card to the SCRC Front Desk.
Click here for more information on renting the SCRC Family Pool.
Click here to view the campus map.
SCRC Family Pool Use and Safety Rules:
- Swimming is permitted only when an authorized SCRC Lifeguard is on duty.
- Swimmers should soap shower before entering the pool.
- Persons with bandages or open sores will not be permitted in the pools.
- Swimmers should be dressed in clothing specifically designed for swimming (i.e. no cut off shorts, t-shirts, etc.)
- NO PROLONGED BREATH HOLDING OR PROLONGED UNDERWATER SWIMMING.
- Food and drink are confined to the grass and picnic areas.
- SCRC is a non-smoking environment. All smoking is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- Glass objects are not permitted in the pool, on the deck areas or in the locker rooms.
- Children under 12 years of age must be attended and supervised by an adult 18 years or older who is responsible for the supervision and conduct of the child. Each child under 48" tall must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older in the water.
- Floatation devices are prohibited in the pools. For lap swimming, use of kickboards, hand paddles, pull buoys, masks, fins, snorkels, and swim belts are permissible. These articles must be used for their designed purpose and in the assigned lanes only. Please see the lifeguard for assistance.
- Circle pattern swimming is required in designated lanes.
- Stay off the safety lines and lane lines.
- Ball games and other hazardous activities are prohibited in the pools and on the decks and grass areas near the pools. Running, dunking, pushing, piggyback rides, and stunts off the side are considered hazardous activities (as well as others deemed so by the lifeguard on duty).
- Children have priority over adults in the assigned areas of the Family Pool at all times.
- Instruction by the Lifeguards and Supervisors must be obeyed at all times.